Wednesday 31 July 2013

Genuinely July

July 8th
Games on a Train. 
Spot the rogue peanut nestled amongst my jelly beans?














July 9th
This is summer isn't it? Not just me having a hot flush. My fellow passengers may think I am experiencing the menopause as I angrily stamped around the bus, opening all the windows whilst ‘tutt’ing & eye-balling everyone into fresh-air-reluctance-related shame.

July 10th
Tupperware - I adore you, my lunches on the move would be somewhat dull in your absence, however I am loosing patience. Please just find your own lids.

July 12th
Dearest Darling Commuters, welcome to summer! PLEASE STOP CLOSING WINDOWS! Thank you

July 13th
A sequel for Samuel L Jackson - 'Stains on a Train'? I am currently sat on the perfect set for it.

July 16th
Treats on a train.

July 17th
Even the banana on this bus is feeling the heat, he has made a swift exit, discarding his coat on the floor.

July 18th
I'm the only ginger on the bus yet I manage to sit in the seat with the most sun. Error. Magnified error. I now understand the persecution of an ant.

Later on July 18th
When they said 'don't leave a dog in a car in this hot weather', they should have also advised us not to leave a ginger on a bus!

Minutes later...
If you don't hear from me, it is because I have evaporated.

July 19th
On a bus with Air Con. Best extra 50 pence ever spent.

July 20th
Games on a Train. There's that pesky peanut.















July 22nd
Just walked past a class of school children accompanied by a rather stressed teacher saying, 'If you can't walk together then you won't walk at all.' Not sure if she was threatening them with a potential knee-capping or with the possibility of completing their journey by bus. Both events carry traumatic consequences. 

July 25th
One out of four windows open on the bus. I have to be satisfied with winning the battle & plan better tactics for winning the window war.

A few minutes later on July 25th
The arrival of a sweaty passenger just forced a disgruntled pensioner to embrace the fresh air & open window number two. Boom!

July 26th
Just heard a young person catching up with another, on the bus. He asked if she was 'still courting'. I imagine this phrase has the same meaning as it did in my youth? Extremely polite and very sweet.

July 30th
Palm tree by the Trolley Point at the Train Station. How very seasonal.














Return journey on July 30th
Never thought I'd find myself admiring a roof tile. Stopping at Dronfield Train Station momentarily has awarded me that pleasure. Nice patterns.

July 31st
Still not sure how the peanut infiltrated my Jelly Beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment