Monday 22 July 2013

March Misgivings


March 1st
The debate about the differences between apartment blocks with gates and gated communities, between the four Architects on the train is soooooo dull but I can't help listening. I'm too nosy!

A few minutes later...
Afore mentioned Architects on train are now talking about 'raising the roof'...they mean literally.

Later that day on March 1st
Just adding up the hours that I spend in a kind of tin container, being shipped from A to B. Maybe I was a baked bean in a former life? I am sort of orange, being a ginger and all.

March 7th
In this public toilet, via a dispenser, a lady can purchase Panty Pads, Neurofen & mint Tic Tacs. So on this International Women's day we can be fresh in body, mind & breath.

March 8th
If anyone's travelling ont Sheffield train today, I've left you a treat on window seat 13 of coach C. Its a boiled sweet, orange flavour, nicely wrapped in cellophane so that it doesn't stick to your jeans. Look before you sit

March 11th
Lady behind me ont bus is speaking VERY LOUDLY in to her HANDS FREE, enthusiastically discussing a download-able TV programme. Apparently he gets shot at the end of season 1, and season 2 is too brutal to watch.

Later on March 11th
So the bus drivers phone is ringing, he's not answering 'cos he is driving. His ring-tone is 'Avenues & Alleyways' by Tony Christie, how fitting.

Later still on March 11th
I am now the only person on the bus. Does this qualify as a private chauffeur driven journey?

March 13th
People on buses don't carry tissues.

March 15th
Tip of the day: Before stopping people in the street, waving a pound coin in their face and complementing them on their costume; make sure they are actually dressed up for Red Nose Day.

March 19th
An old chap just produced a half eaten Pasta Pot from underneath him as he attempted to sit down on the bus. He smiled at me and said 'Dirty Arabs!' I replied 'I thought it was the Italians that eat pasta?'

March 22nd
Dear Snow. No-one likes a show off. Just so you know.

March 23rd
According to the woman behind me on the bus - speaking on her phone - it appears that she has 'literally nearly fallen asleep' and she is 'literally almost ready for her seminar.' Her friend was 'literally up all night' and therefore is 'literally unprepared,' however she has 'literally proper hard core planned' hers and you can 'literally tell how stressed' she is...literally illiterate!

March 25th
The sound of someone blowing their nose on the train has just put me off my sausage roll...I assume they blew their nose on a hanky, of course...not the train.


No comments:

Post a Comment